Points of Interest
- There are still 3 of the original executive on the existing executive!
- There are still 2 of the original sponsors in the league. They are Bisons Alumni
and Brant Branch Foresters.
- There are 12 sponsors who have been with the league for 10 or more years, 5 sponsors over 15 years, and 3
sponsors have been with the league for 20 years.
- Three people on the 2004 executive had children playing in our league.
- During the last 12 years all our regular refereeing staff have been teenagers.
- Four people on the 2001 executive had children playing in our league.
- Over the course of the league's history several individuals have served on the
executive and have contributed greatly to the success of the league.
- Jason Zahrybelny was one of our original players in 1985, he started refereeing for us at age
11. In 2000 he came on our executive as Chief Referee and served two years on the board.
- Family Involvements -
(Foy/Steele) - Jim Steele coached & refereed,
Sandi Gairns has coached, refereed and is on the executive, Jeff
Foy was one of our original players in 1985 and coached and/or refereed for 5 years, Jan & Gary Foy have been on
the executive since the beginning.
(Christo) - Pete has refereed & coached several years and has been on the executive
since the beginning. He has also helped a great deal with special events and
fundraising. His wife Georgina has been on the executive and helped out in other
areas. Pete's son Peter has refereed and his daughter Tracey has coached in the
(Campbell) - Roger has been on the executive since 1986 and has been a great help with
special projects, fundraising and our booth. His wife Bonnie has been on the executive
and has been indispensable helping with fundraising and our booth. Son Drew is on our executive, has helped
with special events and fundraising, and his wife Dea was on the executive for a few
years and also helped with fundraising. Son Brant has helped with fundraising and
special events and his wife Tracey has helped with fundraising, the booth, and has been
on our executive.
- In 2002, the Campbell's had a grandchild playing in the league.
- In 2006, the Foy's had a grandchild playing in the league.
- In 2009 the Foy's had a 4th grandchild playing in the leage.
- There were 3 members of the 2009 executive who had children playing in the league.
- There were 3 members of the 2009 executive who had children refereeing for the league.
- At the end of 2009 the league lost one of the two original sponsers.
They will be missed by all but due to their generosity they will have teams in the league
for the next three years.
- In 2010 there will be 5 members of the executive with children who are eligible to play in the league.